Get your most ridiculous work stories ready! Your funniest and most absurd workplace situations can earn you fabulous prizes starting Monday, April 13, on Twitter!
Yes, the world is a seriously troubling place right now, and that’s why Uproar Books is taking a page from the darkly hilarious sci-fi satire ALWAYS GREENER and launching the
If you’re creative and funny, you just might win:
- $25 Amazon U.S. or Canada gift card (2 available)
- Kindle eBook of ALWAYS GREENER (10 available)
- Autographed paperback of ALWAYS GREENER (4 available)
- The Grand Prize!
THE BIG IDEA
In ALWAYS GREENER by J.R.H. Lawless, corporations want you laughing at the downtrodden because its so annoyingly bothersome when you actually try to help them out. And so they create a smash-hit reality show called “Always Greener,” where people compete to prove they’re living the world’s worst life.
Uproar Books isn’t quite that cynical and evil just yet, but we do hope to provide a bit of levity in these chaotic times. And if it helps sell a few books at the same time, so much the better!
RULES AND PRIZES
We want stories about your most bizarre bosses, preposterous policies, and the demented demands of modern work-life. The only catch? They’ve got to be funny!
- Tweet a ridiculous workplace story with the hashtag #LiveYourWorstLife
1 pointfor every Like and 3 pointsfor every retweet
- That’s it!
- Round 1 is Monday, April 13, to Sunday, April 19
- Round 2 is Monday, April 20, to Sunday, April 26
top twoentries by points in each roundwill be declared semi-finalist winners
- Each will receive an autographed paperback of ALWAYS GREENER!
- Each will be entered into Grand Prize competition!
- ALWAYS GREENER author J.R.H. Lawless can award a Golden Snitch worth 150 points to one (and only one) entry per round to his personal favorite entry
- Each Golden Snitch winner will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card! (…in addition to being almost certainly thrust into the semi-finalist position)
- Starting Monday, April 27, the four semi-finalists will go head to head to determine who is the Grand Prize Winner in a Twitter vote!
- The Grand Prize Winner’s name and absurd work story will be included as part of the story in THE RUDE EYE OF REBELLION, the upcoming sequel to ALWAYS GREENER!
- There will be no fact checking. Embellishments, exaggerations, and outright satire are acceptable.
- Publisher and Author will have final say as to how the winning story is presented in THE RUDE EYE OF REBELLION.
- The autographed paperbacks of ALWAYS GREENER (semi-finalist prizes) can only be delivered to the U.S. or Canada.
- This is a contest of skill and creativity, not random chance.
- No purchase is necessary to participate.